Guide for Celebrating Reconciliation
In the Sacrament of Reconciliation, the encounter
of the penitent with the mercy of God is one of the most transforming moments
in the spiritual life of a Catholic.
The ritual itself has changed throughout history,
but the purpose of the sacrament has remained the same: to seek the forgiveness
of the Lord and to renew one’s efforts to live as a faithful and loving
disciple of Jesus Christ.
This resource provides pastoral insights for
celebrating individual confession, communal Reconciliation services, and
non-sacramental penance services with attention given to liturgical ministries,
liturgical environment, and evangelization.
As part of the Preparing Parish Worship™ series,
this book includes:
- Theological reflections on the reconciling love of
- A historical overview of the development of the
Rite of Penance
- A walk-through of the Rite of Penance
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Assistance with best liturgical practices
- Inspirational and informative quotations from
Scripture and Church documents
Paperback 6 x 9, 160 Pages