How to Lead Children's Liturgy of the Word
This booklet provides a foundation teaching on children's Liturgy of the Word for those who are leaders of children's Liturgy of the Word at their parish.
Written by a pediatrician with a background in ministry and a liturgist with experience in liturgies with children, this book provides a unique perspective on the role that children's Liturgy of the Word plays in child development, and how leaders of children's Liturgy of the Word can best meet the unique development needs of children of different ages.
THIS BOOKLET PROVIDES
- An understanding of the origins and practice of this liturgy
- An overview of the order of service and the role of the prayer leader
- Practical suggestions for leading prayer, navigating through the Lectionary, crafting a reflection and the Prayer of the Faithful and preparing the liturgical environment
- Ways to help children pray, understand the Scriptures, and participate in the Liturgy
- Answers to frequently asked questions.
Specifications: Saddle stitched - 6" x 9" - 64 pages