Guide for Liturgy Committees
Rev. Paul Turner, Michael R. Prendergast, Corinna Laughlin and Joanne Sanders
Ensuring a smooth and prayerful celebration of the Eucharist begins with a focused, well-trained liturgy or worship committee. Responsible for setting the goals, direction, and principles of the liturgical life of the community, the committee functions best when both newly formed and experienced members of the committee receive training in the basic skills and theological insights that are vital to fulfilling their ministry with God's grace and guidance.
As part of the Liturgical Ministry Series®, this book is grounded in Church doctrine and liturgical practice, and follows a format that provides the newly formed ministers and experienced ministers with basic skills and theological insights.
This resource includes:
- Theological and historical reflections on the liturgy and the ministry
- Practical skill-building and advice for serving in this role
- Ways to deepen your spirituality and call to discipleship
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Recommended resources
- A glossary
- Questions for discussion and reflection
Paperback / 6" x 9" / 80 pages.