Deacons proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in three
primary ways. They assist during the liturgy. They serve the needy in
the community. They preach.
This book will offer deacons guidance to
assist their liturgical ministry. You will learn about the history of
the diaconate and how the Church understands the role of the deacon.
Deacons will find some reflections to help develop your spirituality,
whether they are single or married. This book gives practical advice on
many aspects of the liturgical service you offer the Church. And it will
answer the most frequently asked questions about diaconal ministry. At
the end there is a selection of resources for further reading as
well as a glossary.
This book includes:
- A basic theological and historical overview of the ministry
- Catechesis about liturgy, ritual, and symbols
- Generous quotations from the documents of the Church and from scripture
and practical instructions regarding the deacon's role at Mass,
Baptisms, Confirmations, Weddings, Funerals, Liturgy of the Hours, and
Sunday Celebrations in the Absence of a Priest
- Frequently asked questions with answers
- Questions for discussion and reflection
- Glossary for easy reference
Paperback / 6" x 9"
Click here to see contents and sample pages (external site opens in new window)