Guide for Celebrating Confirmation
By Fr. Paul Turner. Part of the Preparing Parish Worship™ Series.
With a theological and historical overview of the newly
translated texts of The Order of Confirmation, this practical resource
provides your parish team with a collaborative approach to catechizing
about and preparing for the Confirmation liturgy.
Paul Turner walks
through each part of the rite, noting best practices and highlighting
differences in the newly translated ritual; provides guidance selecting
Scripture readings, prayer texts, and music; advice for preparing the
liturgical environment; and offers suggestions for evangelisation and
As part of the Preparing Parish Worship™ series, this book includes:
- Theological explanations of the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Historical contexts for the development of the Confirmation liturgy
- Answers to frequently asked questions and advice for complicated situations
- A glossary and suggestions for additional resources
- Inspirational and instructive quotations from Scripture and Church documents
- Ritually instructive photos and how to foster a welcoming spirit.
Paperback 6 x 9, 96 Pages.