At the Supper of the Lamb
A Pastoral and Theological Commentary on the Mass, will help you understand the parts of the Mass so that you may enter them more intentionally and prepare for them effectively. Following the Order of Mass, as it appears in the third edition of The Roman Missal.
This book includes:
* Separate chapters for each of the four parts of the Mass;
* Texts from the third edition of The Roman Missal and General Instruction of The Roman Missal;
* Pastoral, theological, and historical background on every part of the Mass;
* Questions for Discussion and Reflection;
* Marginal white spaces for taking notes;
* Explanatory footnotes;
* List of abbreviations and bibliography for reference.
This book will be helpful to:
* Understand and appreciate the depth of the eucharistic liturgy;
* Learn the texts from the third edition of The Roman Missal;
* Facilitate discussion and adult faith formation sessions on the Mass;
* Prepare vibrant and dynamic liturgies as called for by the Church's official documentation;
* Evaluate your faith community’s celebration of the Mass.
Fr Paul Turner is the pastor of St Munchkin parish in Cameron, Missouri, and its mission, St Aloysius in Maysville. A priest of the diocese of Kansas City-St Joseph, he holds a doctorate in sacred theology from the Sant' Anselmo in Rome. He is the author of many pastoral resources about sacraments and the liturgy, including the recently published 'Understanding the Revised Mass Texts' Leader's and Participants' books.