New Catholic Bible - Standard Edition
This Bible has created with four carefully thought-out editions to suit every need and budget. This one is the regular edition for all purposes; an attractive and durable volume that will suit scripture study and private reading.
What’s New in the New Catholic Bible
Alongside the Jerusalem and Grail translations authorised by the Vatican for use in the Liturgy:
* New specially commissioned introductions, one for each book, giving the biblical and historical context
* New specially commissioned liturgical introductions placing each book of the Bible in the Church’s liturgical year
* New footnotes following the latest scholarship
* New marginal references helping you get the most out of each passage.
* New layout – using clear and modern fonts in easy-to-read single-column format
* New text alterations, replacing the word ‘Yahweh’ with ‘the LORD’ as requested by Benedict XVI for all new Bibles
* New directories of references for readings used in the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours, including the fuller two-year cycle for the Breviary.
LEATHER COVERS FOR STANDARD EDITION ALSO AVAILABLE
Text sizes in this edition:
8 pt text (6 pt for footnotes)