A Journey in Love: Volume 1 - Book
Available September 2020, pre-orders welcome
This revised resource for primary schools on Relationships and Sex Education is intended to support teachers and parents in Catholic schools to enable the holistic growth in love of children.
At the heart of this revised teacher’s resource is our belief that
we are made in the image and likeness of God and, consequently, gender and
sexuality are God’s gift, reflecting his beauty and sharing in divine
creativity. In order that children may grow and flourish healthily and
holistically towards an understanding of their gender and its implications for
successful relationships, they must be at ease with themselves and deepen their
An aspect of the mystery of love is treated in each year group;
children and young people are encouraged to marvel at the wonder and beauty of
God’s creative love. This is reflected in each stage of a person’s growth in
the primary years through a series of suggested, progressive and developmental
tasks, activities and reflections that focus on social, emotional, physical and
The team of compilers with interdisciplinary skills drew upon
their diverse and rich experience in education, medicine and pastoral theology.
- Dr Sathi Aiya, Emeritus Consultant Physician in the NHS;
- Ilse Brockling, Founder, CEO and Director of Children’s Health
- Fr David Clemens, Parish Priest, Analytical Psychologist and Film
- Sarah Feist, Adviser for Religious Education and Catholic Ethos,
in the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton;
- Shaun Kelliher, Deputy Headteacher and former senior nurse in the
- Patrick Harrison, Adviser for the Diocese of Southwark
Pupils from years 5 and 6.
by Baroness Sheila Hollins.
exploration of the mystery of love enriched by the interdisciplinary expertise
and skills of its authors.
age-related units in each year group that give children an experience of
connecting every aspect of growth: Social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
section with Church teaching for teachers.
to use suggested questions, possible activities with concluding reflection.
linking some DFE guidance.
- Early Years - The wonder of being special and
- Year One - We meet God’s love in our family
- Year Two - We meet God’s love in the community
- Year Three - How we live in hope
- Year Four - God loves us in our differences
- Year Five - God loves us in our changing and
- Year Six - The wonder of God’s love in
creating new life
- Some perspectives on marriage
- FAQs from Parents
- FAQs from Children
- Appendix - Mapping of Statutory Statements
*Introductory price for the book is £12.95 or buy both book and accompanying CD-Rom for £29.95