The Sacristy Manual - Second Edition
Author: G. Thomas Ryan
The Sacristy Manual provides an expansive overview of the rites, signs and symbols of the church, setting a context for liturgical understanding and guidance for the ministerial work of the sacristan. This book is an essential resource for the daily preparation of the Mass and other catholic rites.
Use it for the training of new sacristans or for the ongoing formation of veteran sacristans as well as with members of liturgy committees, adult servers and all who prepare the liturgy.
This Second Edition includes:
* Revised commentary to reflect current liturgical norms and rubrics
* Updated quotations from the third edition of The Roman Missal, Redemptionis Sacramentum, General Instruction of the Roman Missal, Built on Living Stones and Sing to th Lord: Music in Divine Worship
* Theological and historical explanations of the rites, signs and symbols of Roman Catholic liturgy
* Practical advice and guidance for preparing the liturgical rites and for equipping the church complex and the sacristy
* detailed checklists for the liturgical year and other rites including Baptism, Penance, Marriage, Pastoral Care of the Sick, funerals, blessings and rites at which a bishop presides
* Index of liturgical terms and concepts
* New illustrations
Softback / 262 pages / 8.5" x 11".